Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson is an emo/punk/pop-ulism musical that tells the story of the rise to power of a president who was an exceptionally complex dude, in VERY tight pants.
This is basically Hamilton but about Jackson (who was not a fan of ACTUAL Hamilton, and probably wouldn't have dug on the musical either). This show is also, at LEAST twice as good as Hamilton if for no other reason than Jackson is at LEAST twice as good as Alexander Hamilton... And if you need reasons...here are 5:
1. Hamilton established the national system of banking and the NATIONAL BANK. Jackson destroyed the 2nd National Bank, bringing about a major panic following his presidency and the closure of 33,000 jobs. Boom. Advantage: Jackson.
2. Jackson killed a guy. Yeah yeah yeah I know, Hamilton was in battle and yadda yadda probably "killed a guy" too...but Jackson straight MURKED a guy. In a duel. Hamilton...famously...did NOT win a duel. Jackson, 2-nil.
3. Hamilton went to Princeton. Became a soldier. Became a lawyer. Jackson became a soldier. Became a lawyer...NO COLLEGE! Who's smarter now?
4. Jackson won the popular vote for president three times...Hamilton is the ONLY "Founding Father" not to be president
5. After Aaron Burr stuck a fork in A. Ham he travelled...or...y'know...hit the road for bit. And he went to hang with Jackson...and got him involved in a scheme wherein Burr was gathering an independent army to strike against Spain in the west, and leverage his victory there against the United States...effectively staging a coup. Jackson was IN TO IT and helped...until the thing blew up and Burr went to trial...and JACKSON DEFENDED HIM...what? We know from Hamilton that Alexander was frequently known to freestyle rap and one of his best lines was, "Burr, you're a better lawyer than me." If that was the case...and Burr got Jackson to be HIS lawyer...well...Jackson is, by the transitive property of awesome...at LEAST twice as dope as Alexander Hamilton.
We could go on...but what's the point?