GET READY TO RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, PRINCETON!
THIS YEAR’S ANNUAL HiTOPS PRINCETON HALF MARATHON SPORTS A JAWS-INSPIRED RACE THEME TO CREATE A KILLER RACE DAY AND SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISING EVENT.
Now in its 7th Year, this annual USATF certified Grand Prix Event is a beautiful runner’s race throughout historic Princeton and a core fundraiser for Princeton based non-profit, HiTOPS that works to foster healthy & strong adolescents, families, & communities by providing young people of all identities with sexual health education & support.
PRINCETON (SEPTEMBER 10, 2019) - Registration is open for the 7th annual HiTOPS Princeton Half Marathon, presented by NRG. This USATF Certified Grand Prix Event takes place throughout the heart of Historic Princeton on November 3, 2019. Organizers are predicting another sold-out event to match last year’s unprecedented field of 1,484 finishers.
In keeping with the race’s tradition of celebrating all things Princeton, the JAWS inspired
Run! racetheme celebrates author Peter Bradford Benchley who lived in Princeton. The race theme and shark graphic playfully appear on the medal and t-shirt that will be awarded to each race participant.
A BEAUTIFUL RACE DAY EXPERIENCE
The iconic course begins and ends in the heart of historic Princeton with landmarks that include, the Princeton Battlefield, Institute for Advanced Study, the home of Einstein, Princeton University, the Princeton Boathouse on Lake Carnegie, Westminster Choir College, Mount Lucas, and Herrontown Woods.
New to the race this year is a Virtual Running Program (Details) that invites participants to run or walk the half’s 13.1-mile commitment on their own time, where they choose, and at their own pace, with all the same benefits of running on November 3, including a T-Shirt & a medal!
THE REWARDS OF RUNNING
Not only does every runner receive a medal, T-shirt and discounted entry to the Keg & Eggs after-party, runners can also add a fundraiser for race producer and benefactor, HITOPS and join the GOOD RUNNER Program.
Runners can qualify to run FREE, via a full registration race refund when they raise $250 & can earn a $500 race weekend voucher when they raise $3,000. (Details)
CALL FOR REGISTRATION
Interested runners are encouraged to act quickly and register before the anticipated race sell-out, at PRINCETONHALFMARATHON.COM.
RACE HISTORY & FACTS
- Celebrating its 7th year, the HiTOPS Princeton Half Marathon is Princeton’s largest annual USATF Certified Grand Prix running event, with a limited field of 1,750 runners.
- Race website: PrincetonHalfMarathon.com
- An iconic course that begins and ends in the heart of historic Princeton. Landmarks include; the Princeton Battlefield, Institute for Advanced Study, the home of Einstein, Princeton University, the Princeton Boathouse on Lake Carnegie, Westminster Choir College, Mount Lucas, Herrontown Woods, and more.
- Proceeds from sponsorships, registration fees, fundraising efforts, and donations benefit HITOPS. Since inception, the event has generated over $640,000 (net funds) for the non-profit.
- HiTOPS is a Princeton-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides adolescent sexual health education and support throughout the state of New Jersey.
- For over 30 years, HiTOPS has worked to reduce health risks, promote healthy relationships, and build inclusive communities with programs that include age-appropriate sexual health education, peer education programs, professional development and consultation, and LGBTQ+ youth support groups, an intergenerational mentoring program, and an annual state-wide forum.
- Presenting sponsor, NRG Energy
- Major sponsors: Trojan Brands, Princeton Running Company by JackRabbit, Novo Nordisk, The Alchemist & Barrister, WPST, Wegmans, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Professional PT, Hamilton Jewelers, First Bank, Borden Perlman, Penn Medicine Princeton Health, Princeton Fitness & Wellness, JAG-One Physical Therapy, Joy Cards, Hampton Inn Princeton, and Thea’s Star of Hope.
- Occurs Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 @ 7:00 am