Think you know everything when it comes to baseball? Have you ever seen a game played the way it was in the 1850s? The Liberty Base Ball Club is back for another season with reproduction uniforms, equipment and rules that date back to the origins of our national pastime.
The original Liberty Base Ball Club of New Brunswick was organized in 1857 and was part of the National Association of Base Ball Players, America’s first national baseball organization. The team disbanded during the Civil War, but reorganized after the war ended and continued to play until 1870. In 2018 the Liberty BBC was reborn and posted an inaugural record of 18 wins and 13 losses with an impressive 12 wins and 4 losses against other clubs from New Jersey.
Home games are played at Liberty Grounds Base Ball Field at East Jersey Old Town Village, located at 1050 River Rd., Piscataway. Admission to all games is free. Spectators should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
- Occurred Saturday, May 11th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, June 15th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurs Sunday, July 28th, 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Occurred Saturday, July 13th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, August 24th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, August 10th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, April 6th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, April 20th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, May 18th, 2019 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm