The East Brunswick Public Library will present “An Introduction To Brain Health and Alzheimer’s” at 6 p.m. on June 19 in the East Brunswick Senior Center, 2 Jean Walling Civic Center.
The library has teamed up with the East Brunswick Department on Aging, and the program is led by Director Danielle Micale. Micale has previously served as a training and consultation specialist with Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care’s Research and Training Institute, and the COPSA Institute for Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders.
Topics include current brain health initiatives, defining dementia and Alzheimer’s disease with current statistical data, providing an overview of how a diagnosis is rendered, and discussing risk factors and warning signs.
The program is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit www.ebpl.org/main/ebpl-events-calendar.cfm.
- Future of Westminster Choir College discussed during meeting in Princeton
- Jackson Trails application proposes 459 residential units, house of worship
- FRHSD superintendent receives new contract through 2023-24 school year
- Warehouse plan concerns residents of Manalapan adult communities
- Revote needed on Sayreville open space purchase
- Manalapan resident faces sex assault charge
- Old Bridge superintendent donates contractual salary increase to the school district
- Florence High teams up with Special Olympics to provide more opportunities
- Residents react to Millstone affordable housing agreement
- Trenton residents face drug charges in Jackson
View all our magazines and special sections: