efas

Stock Photo

A kitchen fire, sparked by grease on the stove, damaged the kitchen in an apartment at the Windsor Regency rental apartment complex around dinner time on June 7, according to East Windsor Volunteer Fire Co. No. 2 officials.

There were no injuries in the fire, which was reported shortly after 5 p.m., said Fire Chief Mario Batista. The Windsor Regency apartment complex is located off Garden View Terrace.

“The resident apparently tried to move a grease fire from the stove to the outside balcony when some of the grease spilled and ignited the kitchen,” Chief Batista said.

In the event of a grease fire on the stove, it is better to smother it with a towel or metal lid first, and then call the fire department, Chief Batista said.

Although the kitchen suffered heavy fire damage, Chief Batista said, the fire could have been worse if it had spread to the adjoining apartments.

Firefighters from East Windsor Township, Hightstown Borough and Monroe Township responded to the fire and quickly put it out.

The cause of the fire is under investigation by the East Windsor Township fire marshal and the East Windsor Township Police Department.

 

0
0
0
1
0

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.