Barbara J. Shiarappa, PhD, 84, of Hopewell, passed away on Friday, August 30, 2019, at home.Predeceased by her parents, Joseph and Helen Janus, of Passaic, and her husband, Arthur, she is survived by her four children and their partners: Lorraine Shiarappa and James McDonough, Matthew and Kathleen Shiarappa, Lisa Trosko and Roy Matteucci, and Chris Shiarappa and Lisa Brodman; seven grandchildren, Emily and Colin McDonough, Nicholas Shiarappa, Amanda McPherson and her husband, Ben, Adam Trosko, Cheyenne Shiarappa, and Griffin Brodman.She received her bachelor's degree from Trenton State College and was awarded a PhD in accounting and finance from Temple University. She served for many years as professor and chair of the accounting department at Trenton State College, now The College of New Jersey. Her research and service focused on the not-for-profit and healthcare sectors. She was a member of or a resource for the NJ State Council of Arts, Mental Health Association of NJ, and Home Health Assemblies of NJ and Massachusetts.Family and friends may share in a celebration of life at the family's home on Saturday, Sept. 14 from 1 to 4 p.m. Those wishing to attend, please R.S.V.P. websote at blackwellmh.com. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Stony Brook Millstone Watershed Association, 31 Titus Mill Rd., Pennington, NJ 08534 or Planned Parenthood. Arrangements are under the direction of the Blackwell Memorial Home, 21 N. Main St., Pennington, NJ 08534, Phone (609) 737-2900.
- Mercer County Game of the Week- Notre Dame dominates with 47-0 victory in rivalry matchup
- Students make a statement with a global climate change strike in Princeton
- Letter to the Editor: Re-elect Mayor Frank Delcore
- Letter to the Editor: Failed promises of Assemblymen Zwicker and Freiman
- Letter to the Editor: Maintaining Hillsborough’s strong leadership and bright future – Re-Elect Mayor Frank DelCore
- Richard Talks Real Estate: WHAT HAPPENED??
- Mercer County Game of the Week – Notre Dame faces in-town rival Lawrence
- Middlesex County College to hold HarvestFest Community Celebration
- Future of Westminster Choir College discussed during meeting in Princeton
- Jackson Trails application proposes 459 residential units, house of worship
- FRHSD superintendent receives new contract through 2023-24 school year
- Warehouse plan concerns residents of Manalapan adult communities
- Revote needed on Sayreville open space purchase
- Manalapan resident faces sex assault charge
- Old Bridge superintendent donates contractual salary increase to the school district
- Florence High teams up with Special Olympics to provide more opportunities
- Residents react to Millstone affordable housing agreement
- Trenton residents face drug charges in Jackson
On Friday, September 20 at 5:45pm the festivities kick-off with a ceremonial keg tapping of Warsteiner beer and the Morey family clad in lederhosen. Special guest Helmut Fricker, a German yodeler and alphorn player, will also perform bringing his authentic flare to the opening weekend.
On Saturday, Sept 21, and Sunday, Sept 22, 2019, Sunnyside Gifts (www.sunnyside.gifts) is celebrating their one-year anniversary with a family friendly event in Hillsborough. With a prize wheel, free sweet treats, and more surprises, Sunnyside’s celebration is sure to inspire fun and positiv…
The Lakewood Lions Club will host its 38th annual Renaissance Faire. The Faire will take you back in time to the 16thcentury where nobility, chivalry and romance abound. Enter the world where Knights in full combat armor joust on their "War Horses".
The 20th Anniversary of New Jersey's number one Italian American Festival returns to MercerCountyPark. Named one of New Jersey's Best Fall Festivals by CBS New York, this annual celebration of Italian and Italian American culture features a Food Piazza with Beer & WineGardens, national a…
Hunterdon and Bucks Artists come together for HOBART Fall 2019 with Art In The Native Landscape in the bucolic setting of Paul Steinbeiser's Farm. Tour the 26-acre grounds, brimming with blooming native plants and trails leading to sculpture and artwork from leading area artists spanning bot…